Monday, August 20, 2012

Awake

Awake
An epiphany awakened me this morning:
“Time is the only belief every person will follow.”
These words sprinkle across my brain; soil
from a dream where past lovers poke me with cattle prods
and urge me to meander through green pastures,
to dig through my innocence in search of revival.
I swear I seize the defining breaths through their palms,
that my trembles beneath the grit of their skin are proof
of tenure, that we’ve added our words to the subtraction
of clothes, and our limbs multiply into a likeness of Shiva.
I believe time will offer the logistics of our curiosity
a porous concrete to sink our feet into if we grow weary
of the weight we bear when we gaze at our reflections,
within each other’s eyes, through the scope of our fears.
We open our eyes when we need to, like the birds do.
The confirmation of being awake, still pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment