Monday, August 20, 2012

When Angles Dance

When Angles Dance
You told me that in order to change life,
I must first change myself;
To search, to nourish, to love myself.
But you never told me what it means to fall.
To trip over pieces of the gravel beneath me,
and join the weakest part of them;
not malleable, just easily broken,
not rough, just jagged around the edges.
You never told me what it means to surrender,
that the trip is just the foreshadowing of death
And the fragments from the fall are the beginning
of a whimsical waltz, the other side of living.
Have you ever seen angles dance?
We're the debris that glides through the wind,
We tousle your hair and nip at your skin,
You take a second to sweep us away
You told me that in order to change life,
I must first change myself.
I am lost, I am hollow, and I am open.
Dance with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment